While on a trip to another village, Nasrudin lost his favorite copy of the Qur’an.
Several weeks later, a goat walked up to Nasrudin, carrying the Qur’an in its mouth.
Nasrudin couldn’t believe his eyes. He took the precious book out of the goat’s mouth, raised his eyes heavenward and exclaimed, “It’s a miracle!”
“Not really,” said the goat. “Your name is written inside the cover.”
- It is a miracle.
- It is a good idea to write your name on your possessions.
- Don’t be distracted by minor miracles.
- What we take for miracles may not be nearly as spectacular as the true miracles.
- Talking animals are a dime a dozen; but a goat that can read, now that is a miracle.
- One person’s miracle is another’s banality
- it comes in its own time